Wednesday, March 31 at 12:00 – 1:00 pm ET
During this program, attendees will hear from speakers from across regions who have responded to the needs of communities and families affected by the coronavirus pandemic and natural disasters, along with an opportunity for others to share their best practices and tips. This program is organized as part of the first-ever Disaster Resilience Awareness Month, an effort to increase visibility about the role of legal aid in disaster recovery and resilience, and share information on how to get involved in national disaster legal aid efforts. This program is co-hosted by the American Bar Association Disaster Legal Services Program, Equal Justice Works, Pro Bono Net, and Lone Star Legal Aid.
Moderator: Linda Anderson Stanley, Director of the Disaster Legal Services ABA Young Lawyers Division and Senior Manager of Public Programs at Equal Justice Works.
The webinar will have experts from Texas, California, Iowa, and Puerto Rico share their insights and practical tips in supporting disaster survivors during the pandemic:
- Amanda Bosley, Managing Attorney, Disaster Relief Unit, Lone Star Legal Aid
- Alejandro Figueroa Quevedo, Deputy Director, Litigation Department, Puerto Rico Legal Services
- Brittanny Perrigue Gomez, Attorney at Law Disaster Benefits Team Manager, Texas RioGrande Legal Aid
- Kendall Jarvis, Disaster Relief Attorney, Legal Aid of Sonoma County
- Lisa Gavin, Managing Attorney Cedar Rapids Regional Office, Disaster Relief Coordinator, Iowa Legal Aid
This webinar will be recorded, and attendees will have access to the recording, along with a summary of the best practices.