Community Action Agencies Accepting Applications for CT Energy Assistance Program

Department of Social Services Announces:

  • Community Action Agencies are currently accepting applications for the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP).  Program guidelines, including important dates and benefit levels, have been updated.
  • To apply for the program, you can contact the Community Action Agency or affiliated organization in your area.  Please scroll down for information about where to call and apply.  You can also click on the link ‘Apply’ on the left of the screen for an application that is fillable for download and instructions.

If you need emergency assistance for electricity or rent, please also visit UniteCT.


The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) is designed to help offset the winter heating costs of Connecticut’s lower income households, specifically those households whose income falls at or below 60 percent of the state median income. CEAP is funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Block Grant. The Connecticut Department of Social Services administers CEAP, in collaboration with its partners, Community Action Agencies across the state.

Please follow this link for a copy of the Approved FFY 22 LIHEAP Allocation Plan

A virtual public hearing with the Appropriations, Human Services and Energy and Technology Committees was held on Friday, August 20, 2021 at 11:30 a.m. where the FFY 2022 Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) block grant allocation plan was approved.

The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) is now open at community action agency sites around the state. The agency that serves your town can be located on the following chart below. Contact numbers for each agency will immediately follow.

1Access Community Action Agency (Access)
2Alliance for Community Empowerment, Inc.
3Community Action Agency of New Haven, Inc. (CAANH)
4Community Action Agency of Western Connecticut, Inc. (CAAWC)
5Community Renewal Team, Inc. (CRT)
6Human Resources Agency of New Britain, Inc. (HRA)
7New Opportunities, Inc. (NOI)
8TEAM, Inc.
9Thames Valley Council for Community Action, Inc. (TVCCA)

For additional information on how to contact your local Community Action Agency for your town click HERE