You are invited to Mental Health First Aid for Older Adults webinar, co-sponsored by National Coalition on Mental Health and Aging and the National Council on Aging.
When: Wednesday, October 13, 2021; 2:00-3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- You will learn the purpose of Mental Health First Aid and what it covers
- You will learn the purpose of Mental Health First Aid for Older Adults and what it covers
- You will learn about the effectiveness of Mental Health First Aid as an evidence-based program
- You will learn who should take these courses
- You will learn about the ALGEE action plan (Assess for risk of suicide or harm, Listen non-judgmentally, Give reassurance, Encourage appropriate professional help, and Encourage self-help and other support strategies
- You will learn how to find a course or contact an instructor in your area
- You will learn the steps to become a certified instructor and the associated costs
- You will learn about how the program is administered and supported
- Anne Chapman, MPH, Director, Strategic Partnership, Mental Health First Aid, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Karen Orsi, Director, Oklahoma Coalition on Mental Health and Aging, and Member of the NCMHA Executive Committee
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Make sure to choose the Add to Calendar button so that the event shows up in your personal/work e-mail calendar. If you have questions about registration, please visit the Tech Support page.
Senior Manager, Center for Healthy Aging
Generosity changes lives. Donate today.