Applications due: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 12:00 PM ET
The National Council on Aging (NCOA), through an ACL cooperative agreement, is seeking grant applications from organizations interested in becoming new Benefits Enrollment Centers (BECs). One year grants of up to $100,000 each will be awarded to qualified organizations to provide person-centered benefits enrollment assistance to low-income Medicare beneficiaries.
BECs find and enroll Medicare beneficiaries into a range of benefits, with a specific emphasis on:
- Medicare Part D Extra Help (or Low-Income Subsidy, LIS)
- Medicare Savings Programs (MSP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly Food Stamps)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
State or community-based nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and faith-based organizations are eligible to apply.
Special consideration will be given to agencies serving areas not currently served by a BEC and who are focused on assisting underserved populations, including racial/ethnic minorities, rural residents, LGBTQ individuals, persons with disabilities, and individuals with limited English proficiency, among others.
NCOA is hosting two information sessions to provide guidance on applying for the BEC grant, and answer questions from potential applicants. Both events will be recorded.
- Session 1: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 2:00 PM ET
- Session 2: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 2:00 PM ET
You can also address your questions directly to [email protected]