In celebration of the March anniversary of the Older Americans Act (OAA) Nutrition Program, the Administration for Community Living (ACL) is hosting weekly webinars throughout the month of March. The webinar series will focus on understanding the intent of the Older Americans Act and address nutrition, socialization, and health and well-being.
Join us on Thursday, March 18th from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST for our webinar on Socialization. As a result of your participation, you will be able to understand these objectives:
- Understand the socialization challenges faced by the aging network and the tribal nations
- Highlight the importance of community, connections, and innovative ideas for combatting social isolation
- Demonstrate how to use virtual programming to promote socialization
- Jasmine Aplin, JD – Office of American Indian, Alaskan Native, and Native Hawaiian Programs, ACL
- Anna Feltz, Director, Old Bridge New Jersey Senior Center (New Jersey)
We look forward to you joining us as we Celebrate Our Senior Nutrition Program.
Additionally, ACL wants to share that as we work together as a nation to get through the COVID-19 pandemic, we also need everyone to join together virtually. With our partners in the Commit to Connect campaign, we are connecting with others to help ourselves and our loved ones. We are making this happen using technology while sharing this information throughout our network. Read more at Commit to Connect on the ACL Website.
For questions, please contact Kathy Wilson-Gold, MS, RDN, LD at [email protected]